Saturday 30 July 2016

10 year old little brother has extreme anger management problems.


I'll be one to admit that I think I've lost control of him. If he wants something- he is able to cry enough to get - in public or not- he screams hits even starts crawling on the floor and throwing extreme tantrums. All he does is wake up and without having breakfast plays COD on his Xbox till 5pm- eats- than plays again. The reason I bring this up now is because recently his younger cousins have come over from Canada- and we were hoping this would help him as they will try and play with him 24/7. But it had the opposite effect- he kicks them out his room and shouts at them. We even have a Wii downstairs and the other kids have resulted into playing on that- but when he found out they were playing together on that- he shouted that it was his- and took it upstairs even though he never used it. He's been like this for almost 5 years now- and with our dad passing away young of unknown reasons 18 months ago- we thought that might have been the reason. So we put him through counselling for over a year- but it has come apparent that it hasn't really done anything.I've also picked up on what type of friends he has- and I am suspicious that one or two might actually be kind of mean at times- but that's just speculation. I'm off to Uni in October- and I don't want to leave my mum off to deal with him alone. What should I do to help him? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2aEHoEd

No comments:

Post a Comment