Saturday 30 July 2016

Jewelry for toddlers


So- my daughter will shortly be 3. She has expressed interest in princess costume jewelry. I headed over to hobby lobby and they have an entire aisle of princessy charms; beauty and the beast, Cinderella, even Alice in wonderland stuff. I bought some charms and some gold elastic instead of chains. I went to assemble the necklaces and noticed that every package warns of LEAD. What?! A quick Google search told me that Claire's, Disney store, and H&M make jewelry for children with an unacceptably high lead content. So the princess charms will go back, and I will have to find another way to make my daughter feel like a princess. The point of posting this is that I never knew lead was so common in jewelry (even in jewelry marked lead free). FOR KIDS. Beware. Also, if anyone has suggestions for an alternative my daughter would be very appreciative :)TLDR: many children's jewelry items contain lead via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2algC4J

No comments:

Post a Comment