Sunday 31 July 2016

19 month old son got flagged for a followup autism screening. Am freaking out.


I love the little bugger more than I can express.The rational side of me thinks he's definitely not autistic: - Super cuddly with both parents - Walks, even runs like a champ - Super smiley. Loves to smile right back at us. - Looks us in the eyes, looks where we point - Pretty good eater - Awesome sleeper - Never has shown hypersensitivity to noises or light. - Is starting to really put together a good vocabulary and phrases, including things like "I love daddy"Yet, I can't help but quiet the voices at the back of my mind because: - He is super shy. Took him a whole week of visiting grandma before he would play with her. - Has no interest in playing with kids his age - Is a little behind on fine motor skills like holding a crayon or feeding himself with a spoon - He is stubborn AF. Pretty sure he recognizes his name but only turns to look at you when he feels like it.I guess the only thing I CAN do is fill out the questionnaire provided by our pediatrician (who doesn't think he has autism but was required to give us there follow up form based on a couple of early screening answers we have) and wait. By I'm dying here and just want to be able to quiet the thoughts in my head.Anyways, just thought I'd vent and look for some support. I'm sure I'm not the first and won't be the last dad who goes through this. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2aa6I4w

No comments:

Post a Comment