Sunday 31 July 2016

I miss my kids, need advice


Hi there.Sorry for the throwaway.I am in the marines and have had a lot of time away from my two sons (3 and 1). I am currently about half way through a nine month trip away. Every third or fourth weekend I have been able to visit home.I have been in the marines for six years and I have done my fair share of time away from my wife and children. But it's taking a toll on me. I feel like I am struggling to cope, and I am permanently upset. I think I may be slightly depressed.Two weeks ago I visited home and had a great weekend and my eldest son begged me not to leave again. It kills me.I just don't know what to do. Discharging is too much of a risk financially for my family. Sometimes I feel like I need to speak to someone but on the few occasions I have my superiors with children tell me to just get over it and if they could do it so can I.Has anyone else been through this? I am literally missing my children grow up and it's killing me.Thank you. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2anfnvy

No comments:

Post a Comment