Monday 28 October 2019

Toddler always comes home with bites from MILs


I really need some help here. My toddler is 2 (3 in December) and has sensitive skin. She stays with my husbands very loving and caring parents one weekend about every month and a half. Every time I pick her up she is covered in bites. In the summer, we know for sure they were mosquitos ( they literally bite through her mosquito spray I’ve seen it myself). She would usually have 20-30 bites. Well it was raining this last weekend and they had no outside play (2 cousins under 7 that live a few houses down stay when she stays). I go pick her up and she is COVERED in bites. Hands, back, arms, legs, feet. All covered in clusters. MIL says they brought a blanket in that some neighborhood cats lay on from the porch and that there were probably fleas on it. They said they “bombed” the house but I have a very sensitive nose and smelled no bug spray. (Which I very well could be wrong). I’ve been googling bed bug bites vs flea bites thinking that maybe it’s been bed bug bites this whole time, but her bites could be either, from what I’ve read on google. My in-laws love my daughter and are tentative and play with her even though they are older(but are well and active enough to handle a toddler especially with my SIL’s help who lives a few houses down). I will say that there has actually been one time she came home with no big clusters of bites, just a few that were 100% mosquito bites. This was 2 months ago. Do I sneak and inspect the mattress next time I go? Or offer to send an exterminator? Or is there a way to tell if it’s one bug or the other from the bite?TLDR daughter comes home with bites from in-laws every time and I don’t know what kind of bites/what to do. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2q3TrD6

No comments:

Post a Comment