Tuesday 29 October 2019

Tips for a dad who doesn't get much love/attention


My wife and I have an awesome daughter who will be 2 in February. She is sweet and super cute but not that into me. I recently spent a week away and I use that as an excuse but tbh it was like this before too.I have worked as a primary school teacher for 11 years and have lots of experience around kids. I'm always positive and love playing games. I see her in the mornings for an hour and after work for two hoirs. During the school holidays it is just her and I and it is fantastic, but the moment my wife or my in-laws are around she will cry until they are holding her, not me.The only other relevant information I can think of is that she stays with my in-laws for 3 days a week while we work. I don't mind at all that she is so attached to my wife.I'm super happy with how she is when it's just us but it breaks my heart every time I pick her up from her grandparents and she has a complete meltdown and is screaming "bye daddy, bye daddy"Please help via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MTTwCz

No comments:

Post a Comment