Monday 28 October 2019

She won't dress up warmly... Is that OK?


My daughter (2.5 years) doesn't want to dress warmly, even though it starts getting quite cold here. Even when she sits in her buggy not moving at all and dressed much more lightly than me she doesn't complain about being cold. There are rare moments when she complains about being cold, so I guess she knows the feeling and she would complain if there was something to complain about. I feel weird though, when I bring her to daycare and she runs around in her short sleeved shirts, while the other kids are wearing their winter jackets...Now I wonder, if it is okay to let her make that decision for herself. Does anyone have some scientific sources about this matter? Maybe kids at that age can't judge their body temperature yet and it is the parents responsibility to dress them appropriately (because otherwise they might catch a cold or something). Or maybe there is no harm at all as long as the child is not obviously freezing.Thanks in advance :) via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/32UWzQi

No comments:

Post a Comment