Wednesday 30 October 2019

The school’s childcare teacher sent the police to my home today.


This morning, I promised my kids (8,9) that I would pick them up earlier than usual today and get them when school was released instead of childcare.I’ve been struggling really hard lately. I work, I’m taking 4 classes (3 online), I’ve got my son in therapy (abused by father), myself in therapy and trying to get my daughter in as well. My kids have been nightmares the last month or so. I feel like a shell of a person.The kids are fighting and yelling about the chores in their room. I tell them to figure it out and lock my door so they don’t come barging In running around so I can do my statistics homework and exam in peace before my sons therapy.During this time, childcare is calling me but my phone is on silent and on the nightstand.I guess someone comes knocking at the door, asking the kids if they are ok, if everything is ok. My kids come knocking on my door to tell me- they believe that it was someone from childcare. THEY CAME TO MY HOUSE!? Whoever it was, didn’t ask my kids to go fetch me.Ok whatever.20 min later and I’m in the middle of my timed exam and my kids come running up telling me the police are at the door.I had to explain to them, yes I’ve been home, I’m working on my online statistics exam and my phone is on silent and not near me. This is the first time it’s ever happened but not the first time they have skipped childcare. I apologize for their inconvenience, they smile and leave.I check my phone and there’s a text asking if the kids are with me. I respond yes, the police just left. They said that, per policy, if they don’t hear from me within an hour they are required to call the police. Yet, they sent someone from the childcare office to my house and didn’t even bother to ask my kids if I was home (I was upstairs and didn’t even hear a knock).I get that they are looking out for my kids’ safety but I felt so irritated by it. And it also felt sneaky - were they trying to catch a latchkey kid situation? I have no idea. I’ve never had to call childcare and let them know they weren’t coming. They usually know that I have a random schedule sometimes. Is this typical? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ppu7HY

No comments:

Post a Comment