Tuesday 29 October 2019

Can someone help me figure out how I feel about this...? (Me 39F, DD 16F)


My daughter is “dating” a guy that is a year older than her. They’ve been together almost two years.We would let them hang out and go places together, he’d come here, she’d go there. Boyfriend wouldn’t talk to us, wouldn’t interact with siblings, wouldn’t look up from his phone, would sit and stare at us over dinner... Then he eventually quit coming in the house. We treated him just like we’d treat anyone else and we’ve never had an issue like this.Daughters friends start messaging me and an older daughter about how the boyfriend is rude, disrespectful, mean to my daughter, etc... The same sort of thing we’d been seeing. Her friends apparently tried to get her to see it, she wouldn’t listen.Daughter got pregnant. Instead of stepping up and being a “man” he literally ran and hid if he saw us, bragged about “ruining” my daughter. On and on and on.We talked to daughter about boyfriend best we could but she doesn’t see it or doesn’t care. Then we start finding out boyfriend is “turning” her against us. Saying it is abusive that we won’t let them run off together and have babies and get married.We finally decide we won’t allow him over unless he’d have a conversation with us, he refused. He told his dad he was banned from our house and banned from our daughter which isn’t true. They haven’t had contact (other than phones, that we know of) outside of school for a year.We know they’re together. We stay out of it as long as we know she’s safe.Boyfriend runs and hides if he sees us, actually ducks behind cars... We’ve never done or said anything to him, never threatened or said anything.Anyway. Today I went to the bank. I’m in the ATM line and I hear men shouting. I ignore it since I couldn’t hear them. I look back and it’s boyfriends dads truck pulled in at an angle behind me. I drive off and out of the parking lot and they came around me laughing hysterically but never made eye contact.I’m sad for my daughter this this guy is her definition of “love” and “forever”, this is the first interaction we’ve had in over a year.What happened wasn’t an accident. Even if they were cussing me out it doesn’t matter. But it’s just the disrespect that comes from this person that is supposed to be a positive in my child’s life when he’s poison.TLDR Daughters boyfriend is disrespectful and rude. He refuses to talk to us or interact with us. He and his father pulled in behind me at an ATM yelling and drove off laughing. Am I overreacting or is this just adding to the “He’s bad news” feeling my husband and I (and all of my daughters friends have.)ETA: She didn’t have the baby. She’s on birth control.Do I say something to daughter or ignore it? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/34dRp26

No comments:

Post a Comment