Sunday 27 October 2019

Feeling like shit after friend talked about what they feed their kid


I have a 4 year old who has given me legit PTSD about feeding him. He goes through phases of liking/eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and then wants nothing but chicken fingers and hotdogs. I love to cook and bake but he has sucked the joy out of that for me. I would prepare what I thought were going to be awesome meals for him with hidden veggies or fruit, only for him to make a terrible face and claim, “I DONT LIKE IT”.I dread dinner time every night. I dread making his lunch every day for school. I dread EVERYTHING related to presenting him with food.And my husband’s friend just stopped by who has a 1 year old and he went on and on about how his wife has made their baby’s food from scratch, with nothing but organic fruits and vegetables since day one. She makes everything and freezes it. And the baby gladly eats it all. And I hate that it made me feel like a lousy parent who has failed at making my kid a pleasure to feed.I guess I just need some encouragement and maybe tips.TLDR: I feel inferior to friend who only feeds his baby organic homemade food, meanwhile I struggle immensely with mealtimes and my kid who is a picky eater. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2qMza5v

No comments:

Post a Comment