Sunday 27 October 2019

My husband is an elitist prick


When I go to the playground I see men with their kids and it makes me resent my husband so much because he never does anything with our daughter. She’s three and I am always exhausted because I am the only one who makes an effort to do anything with her. He says that as a doctor he is “too tired” but it’s such bullshit. He only works one weekend day a month and the rest of the weekends he has off. He works on average 50 hours a week. Some weeks it’s closer to 40. He’s an anesthesiologist, which everyone says is 90% boredom and 10% extreme stress. When I met him he texted me from work constantly, so I know exactly how true that is. He can literally spend most of the day texting people and he calls that working hard. When he had an OB job he would be watching movies in his call room most of the time, occasionally getting called in for a case. He goes to work at 7 and comes home anywhere from 3 to 8. Every time he comes home early he spends an hour working out while I cook. He never volunteers to cook or watch our daughter. I have to demand it if I need it. I told him he should spend more time with her on the weekends and that there are always dads at the playgrounds. He said they are either unemployed or blue collar. Wtf kind of bullshit mentality is that. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/36a6wLY

No comments:

Post a Comment