Tuesday 29 October 2019

I had a breakdown today, and I'm starting to think I'm not fit for raising children. Anyone feel this way?


My toddler (2.5) woke me up today by hitting me really hard in the face and pinching my neck. I didn't get good sleep at all last night, because I'm 5 months pregnant and I kept having to get up to pee.My husband has had to work an insane amount of overtime, so I've pretty much had to care for her all day and night by myself for about two months without any real break. Twice my husband has watched her for a few hours so I could have a bit of a break but both times I had to deal with my mentally ill sister who pretty much verbally abused me the entire time. I've been trying my best to keep up with self care. Baths, meditation, yoga, healthy eating, going to bed early/trying to wake up before toddler (rarely happens because she somehow knows instantly if I have waken up and will wake up way before her normal time if I am awake), ect. I am definitely overwhelmed right now. Keeping the house clean, managing our suuuuper tight budget, keeping up with school, and very strict meal planning due to our budget. I don't have anyone who can really help me care for her, it is all on me.Today, she just triggered me relentlessly. Non stop. I usually am good with my coping methods to keep myself calm and help be her calm, but today I absolutely lost my shit and screamed into a pillow, then locked myself in the bathroom and just laid on the floor sobbing while she screamed "mommy please" trying to open the bathroom door. After about 10 min, I left the bathroom and laid on the bed just staring at her while she cried and tugged at my arms yelling "come on mommy come on" Finally she curled up next to me and fell asleep.I had locked myself in the bathroom because I was scared I was gonna hit her. She just wouldn't stop following me and hitting me and yelling at me. I don't even know where she learned that, she just does it when she's mad at me. I just hate myself right now. I feel like I'm mentally abusing her and that I'm not strong enough to care for her. And now I have another one on the way, and I'm just terrified I'm gonna mentally scar them. I love her so much, but I just think she would be better off with someone else.I don't know what to think. I just can't stop crying. I feel like such a piece of shit for having babies and now falling apart on them. Do I need to go to therapy or something? I don't know if this is normal. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2orwwBl

No comments:

Post a Comment