Wednesday 30 October 2019

After saving up, I finally was able to pay the $435 filing fee for full legal and psychial custody of my daughters.


I finally did it, and while I am so proud of myself. He hasn't seen or spoken to our daughters in 7 months. Our 18 month old has no idea who he is. While he does pay child support these last two months, that's only because it is garnished from him after a year long court battle on my part to get him to finally support his daughters. These last two months are the first two months I have recieved child support in a year. I have asked him numerous times to come see the girls, call them, anything. He outright refused and said he didn't have the time. Yesterday I was sent a screenshot of him announcing his new realtionship on fb, with everyone congratulating him. This really was my limit for me. I knew right than I was done giving this man chances to be a father and leaving the door open. You have time for a new Gf, but no time at all to see our kids or help me with them? Even call them once in a while, send them a letter, anything? I feel like it's almost a given I will be given full legal and psychial custody. Our daughters have lived with only me their entire lives, he lives two hours away now, and lives in a firehouse, as he is in the conversation corps. He has no where to take them, and his car is only a 2 seat van. I did request he has supervised visitation once every two weeks at the family court center here in our town. I hope this $435 will be worth it for my daughters and I🤞 via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Wuy61O

No comments:

Post a Comment