Wednesday 30 October 2019

Am I nuts for considering a male babysitter for my two girls?


Never thought I would even consider this. I am a typical overprotective helicopter parent 🤪. I have two girls ages 5 and 6.We moved last year and down the street is the sweetest young man, he’s in eight grade so about 13? We met him because he goes to the same small private school as my younger daughter. We have a mutual friend who recommended him to play with the girls while we were home, kind of like a mother’s helper.Well, this kid is like the super babysitter of all time! He reads the girls novels, does painting with them, etc. the girls adore him.So today he is supposed to come play with the girls. My husband won’t be home until later so for about an hour he would be watching them alone.On one hand, it’s awful for all involved that I even have to question his ability to babysit just because of his gender. He’s done nothing wrong.On the other hand, I would never forgive myself if “something” happened...What would you do? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/36kfy9i

No comments:

Post a Comment