Sunday 27 October 2019

I've seen some parents post recently about struggles with children who arm flap when excited, I thought this book might help (in a round about way):


The Improbable Life of Paul ErdosIt's a historical kids book about a famous mathematician. A seriously wonderful read. While reading through all the points at the end of the book, I saw a note about how he'd flap his arms around when he got really excited about math (which is depicted on one of the pages I thiiiink). Anyway, I first read this right after someone posted that bullying was starting to become an issue with their child who arm (or hand?) flaps.I felt like kids seeing their quirk in a different light might help them own it instead of feeling self-conscious about them (which I feel can heighten bullying).Cannot link the Goodreads due to rules. I found my copy at the library, so yours might have one too (: via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/344MhNO

No comments:

Post a Comment