Monday 28 October 2019

Non-Punishment Solution for Rebellious 3-yo Daughter


Hey guys!I wonder if someone can offer me some advice on how to discipline my almost three year old daughter. She is very different from her two older sisters in that she tends to be very willful and defiant. My other daughters were very eager to please and would wilt if I raised my voice even slightly at their misbehavior. My toddler, however, doesn't seem to care. The threat of punishment doesn't move the needle with her at all. I've moved, instead, to a model where I ignore rebellious behavior (thus, denying her the reward of any sort of attention, even negative attention), and praise her big-time whenever she does what I want. It's actually really helping.However, I can't ignore everything. She fights me when it comes time to change clothes, buckle her seatbelt, or do other minor things. We're talking high energy flailing, screaming, and hitting. Ignoring tantrums in the house is one thing, but I can't ignore her for 30 minutes until she decides to let me buckle her seatbelt. Keeping in mind that punishment has not worked in the past, what are some good options for me?Thanks!! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/34fo081

No comments:

Post a Comment