Thursday 31 October 2019

Our school districts Highschool is "known for suicides"


It's been all over the news in the US last year that our school was known for high rates of suicides. The schools located in Massillon, Ohio but the schools policy is "Zero tolerance for bullying" but all these kids are being bullied to literal death. I attended this school and I didn't think the discipline for bullying was bad? But when I graduated the years below me all of a sudden had the biggest issues with bullying. Not saying it has never been there because it has, but this issue all happened within a year. There's other children who have died by suicide in other grades but FIVE in one year? I just want to say our SCHOOLS are the biggest dissapointment in this country and I PRAY that one day we can solve all the ignorance in school faculty or atleast put mental health first. I know some may argue "a teacher isnt educated enough to be a councelor" but it doesnt take a degree to give someone the tools to be nice to others and discipline them for being cruel to people. I believe they learn this at home and things throughout the internet. Also, can we as parents stop teaching our children this behavior!? Subconsciously or not, we need to be aware of how we talk and act around our children, of any age. I hate having a child in this world for the simple fact of bullying, noone deserves to feel that worthless because your children are mean. I try to do my best at teaching my child to be friends with everyone even the stereotypical kids who people view "different". Teach your kids to be extra kind to the kids who sit by themselves because they're "different", that's what my Dad always taught me. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2WvXHHJ

No comments:

Post a Comment