Wednesday 30 October 2019

3 year old says dad touched her


This is an extremely sensitive subject that I’m looking for advice on. I absolutely don’t know what to do.My daughter is 3, almost 3.5. She’s very well spoken for her age, people comment on it all the time. She lives at home with me, her dad whom I am in a long term relationship with but am not married too, and his son who I refer to as my step son.Basically yesterday when my daughter and I got home from work and daycare we were sitting on the couch watching tv and having a snack when she told me “my vagina hurts” and kinda squirmed. She’s sensitive down there and every since she got out of diapers into underwear she seems to be frequently irritated. I brought this up at her 3 year old check up back in June and her doctor took a look and said it’s definitely a little red and to just not leave her in wet swimsuits, try to avoid baths, make sure she’s wiped well, etc.So anyway she told me her vagina hurt and I usually just say ok let’s go rinse off and clean down there but this time I asked, “what happened to it?” to which she replied “someone touched it.” So I asked her who touched it and she said “daddy.” I asked her how he touched it and she said “he tried to wipe me and then he looked at it to check it.” That sounds pretty innocent but I was still kinda weirded out by the whole conversation so I was like, “so did he just wipe it like mommy does, or did he like put his finger in there?” And she said “he put his finger in. That’s so nasty right? It hurt and I cried and cried.”I don’t know what to do. Part of me feels like I asked too many questions, kinda guided her into responses by asking “what happened to it” and by asking “did he just wipe it or put his finger in.” We have talked to her explicitly in the past about how nobody should touch her vagina besides mommy cleaning her or a doctor checking her. I have never had any reason to believe her dad would do something like that, and I obviously don’t want to think it’s true but I also don’t want to just let this go.I mentioned to her dad that she said her vagina hurts because he touched it. I asked her if he had wiped her or checked her recently because I have no idea why she would say that. He said replied with “what? No.” I told him I wanted to take her to the doctor to get checked out again because she’s always complaining about being irritated down there but I was worried that she would say the same thing to them that they said to me and he said “just take her I don’t think she will say that again I think she’s just talking.” I just wanted to see how he reacted.Can I take her to the doctor to be checked or interviewed or whatever they do? Do I have to call the police? I’m so stuck right now. I absolutely have to protect my daughter from anyone at all costs but I’m also so worried she was just kinda telling stories like she does sometimes. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ouROOF

No comments:

Post a Comment