Thursday 31 October 2019

Am I crazy? School rules cutting into my son's lunch time.


Hi all. My son (7, second grade) goes to a school where the kids get 30 minutes to eat their lunch. No exceptions, and it's defined time (sometimes my son doesn't get to eat his lunch if he has to go to the bathroom during this time).This year, his lunch immediately follows recess, and according to him, the paraeducators let the different second grade classrooms into the cafeteria based on the entire class' behavior. That is, if one or two kids is acting up or talking, they don't let the entire class in. I think eventually the class gets let in, but it cuts into an already short lunch time and my son often doesn't have time to finish his lunch.I feel like kids shouldn't be kept from a meal on the behavior of some bad actors. I also don't think kids should be responsible (if this is the expectation) to police their peers so that they can eat their lunch.So before I go to his teacher, let me know if I sound like a helicopter parent/crazy person. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/34n4RRh

No comments:

Post a Comment