Monday 28 October 2019

Finally, a win!


Gonna give a simplified, short-and-sweet, backstory before getting to the parenting win.4 years ago I divorced my 5y daughter's father. (Violence, alcoholism, cheating, etc.) Since doing so his life has been a trainwreck. Multiple live in girlfriends, losing job after job due to his inability to show up sober, multiple less than desirable roommates, etc. He really set the bar when last year (july 2018) his home was raided for distribution of meth. Our daughter was present when this happened. I immediately filed for sole custody and a child abuse restraining order. Fast forward to the end of 2018. Things were going well. No signs of real trauma in daughter. Court ordered he be granted supervised visits. Fine. Those start january 2019. From then on the shit storm starts. Daughter goes from coping well to: peeing pants more often than not after 2 years of no accidents ever, nightmares and night terrors, being terrified to leave me, 2 hour a night bedtime fits where shes inconsolable, violent outbursts when being taken to school, and tons more. I had started her in counseling as soon as visits started and this behavior began. We struggled for months to find a counselor she clicked with. Even had a previous one say "I don't know why things arent getting better, you're doing everything I would suggest", real helpful. Well, we finally found one! About 2 months ago. Daughter has since been diagnosed with PTSD and severe separation anxiety disorder. This counselor gets her. Like fully gets my kid and is actually helping! We started a CBD regimen before jumping into pharmaceutical drugs, and that's working too!! FINALLY a fucking win. 2 weeks now. 2 weeks without issues before bed or before school. 2 weeks I haven't been kicked in the face, had "I hate you screamed at me", or anything! A win. Finally. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/31V8oEO

No comments:

Post a Comment