Thursday 31 August 2017

Worried about my child being an introvert like myself.


I'm a single mom, works full time, have friends I keep in touch with, closest friend just moved away. I have a large family that has become my main social group outside of work. Other then that I tend to stay by myself, cleaning, cooking, reading, movies. I have a 2.5 year old and he is mainly around adults. I'm worried I'm not getting him out enough with other kids or even other people besides family. He's generally shy upon meeting anyone then warms up eventually. Would my introverted habits and choices rub off on him? I'd love to be more outgoing but it's just not me, and I don't want to limit him from being himself by not taking him to meet other kids. We go out often, parks, zoo, kid friendly play places but I tend to not interact much with other parents even just casual talk. I want him to see and know that's it's ok to say hi and be friendly. Am I'm worrying too much? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wLtZ7r

No comments:

Post a Comment