Sunday 27 August 2017

Nurse shook my newborn


My 3 day old daughter was having trouble feeding in hospital, and with my wife struggling on limited sleep & difficulty feeding, several of the nurses convinced us to put her in the nursery - till the next feed.My daughter came back 6 hours later screaming her beautiful little lungs out, and the nurse tried to settle her by shaking her (twice I saw). I wouldn't call it a violent shake, but it was a good couple centimeters back and forth - a very fast jiggle with her head shaking quickly for a few seconds.It stopped her screaming momentarily, but as soon as she started crying again the nurse did it again. I quickly took my daughter off the nurse and we had a terrible night. My daughter wouldn't sleep, wouldn't feed - I was stressing about the 'shaking' only to find they gave her a bottle of formula in the nursery which might have put her out of her routine.I've been stressing about the 'shaking' ever since - but also trying to put it out of my mind as it's one of the top private hospitals in Australia and I just can't believe a health professional would do something to damage our baby (especially in front of us). Just wondering whether I'm making this out to be a bigger deal than it is, or whether I need to report it to the hospital as it made me super uncomfortable. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wA9IBE

No comments:

Post a Comment