Monday 28 August 2017

Are you planning to pay for your children to go to college?


My parents paid for the loans/costs of my first year of college, less the financial aid my university gave me. Their reasoning was that they wanted to support me as I explored what college was like for one year. If after my first year I decided to stay, they were no longer going to foot the entire bill. It was my education and therefore my bill to pay. They did co-sign my loans though. The remaining three years of my undergrad were on me. As were my Master's and now my PhD. I have loans that are pretty substantial, but I am extremely proud of the fact that all of my education is mine to attend and pay for.Do you plan to pay for your children's college education? If so, will you entirely foot the bill? My kids are in elementary school, for us to pay for it fully, we would need to essentially never travel or do anything with them and save all of our discretionary income towards their future education. I'm just curious what other parents are thinking? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vljI1W

No comments:

Post a Comment