Monday 28 August 2017

Explaining thunder during a hurricane


My almost 3 year old step son asked me what thunder was. He had been scared for a couple of days because there was so much terrible weather with Hurricane Harvey with the lightning, tornado warnings, flash flooding, etc.I'm kind of thrown off that he asked me a question because mommy usually has the answers he wants.Anyway, I asked him if he saw the lightning first. "Yessssss"Well, the lightning is really really really hot. Because it gets hot, it pushes all the air really fast. When this happens, it makes a sound. The sound is thunder.I like how he asks me a question about the weather when my city is now going to be called Atlantis but I'm really glad he asked me. He trusts me to have answers for me now.He's now calm, I'm one of the lucky few that hasn't lost my home, and I've been going out trying to get people out of houses since yesterday. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2xs7x0y

No comments:

Post a Comment