Tuesday 29 August 2017

Daycare Dropoff Drama


My son is almost 2 and has been in daycare for about 2 months. At first he was excited to go but then quickly started to not want me to leave him. He cries when I try to go and grabs my hand and doesn't want to let go.I figured it would get better as he got used to it but instead he's getting worse. I've asked some of the people there and it supposedly doesn't last long but he's literally the ONLY kid who does that at the time I drop off. It's embarrassing and I'm getting the feeling that the women are over it and getting annoyed. I'm not in love with the morning people but that's another story. I super love his regular teacher. I spy on him when I pick him up from daycare and he seems happy but then is ecstatic to see me and usually wants to leave right away when I pick him up.Does anyone know how I can make this better? My heart aches to have him be so upset. He really seems to be thriving at day care besides this.I've tried staying for 5-10 minutes walking around the room with him and holding his hand and trying to interact with things and capture his interest and make him happy. I used to be able to sneak away when he found a toy to play with but he's caught on to that and it doesn't work anymore. Usually I just have to rip the band aid and leave as he's screaming in the teacher's arms :( via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2xK9uVs

No comments:

Post a Comment