Tuesday 29 August 2017

Adapting to life with 2 kids (working parents)


I want to apologize in advance... I really need to talk to someone and typing it all out helps me get my thoughts organized. And there are multiple issues going on here...I just had a baby girl 7 weeks ago. She's just precious. We also have a 26 month old son. He is an amazing kid too! My husband and I are in the middle of building a new home (which still is a month or two away from being finished). We were living in my mother's rental house for almost a year when she decided to sell it and the closing date just so happened to be the week my daughter was born. SOOOO we moved out right after we got home from the hospital and now live with my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law. The in-laws have kept my son full time and now he goes to half day pre-school while keeping my daughter too. I am back to work full time but close by so I can still go home for lunch and see them often.Holy hell... living with my in laws while adjusting to life with two kids is putting the most stress on me I've ever felt in my life. They are great with both kids. BUT they do things they think are best. which conflicts with some things I don't want them to do. (i.e. potty training, how long in between feedings, diaper brands, etc.) We work some things out and some not so much... Afternoons are hard. really hard. We get home from work and the in laws are done, like done with managing kids done. So its on me to get the kid fed, bathed, ready for bed, while holding/feeding/soothing a newborn (her witching hour). It is so overwhelming. So by the time my husband does come home I'm pissed. Pissed that he intentionally doesn't come home on time because he knows there's no relaxing when we get home. There's not enough time in the day to do everything and that frustrates me as well. How do you have time to go to the store? for example...I don't feel as bonded to my newborn baby girl as much as I did with my firstborn... is this normal? Will it get better the older she gets?My 2 year old was a high needs baby with reflux/colic and it was hard. Now we have a 7 week old EXACTLY the same except in addition to a toddler. So both of them crave physical touch and affection. I am not a physical person if that makes sense. I do it for my babies.. holding them and loving on them. BUT then you add my husband to the mix who is also a physical person, who wants/needs that touch (even non sexual) IT IS OVERWHELMING... I just want to lay in bed and no one touch me! This may sound so ridiculous but it really effects me. Plus, oh yeah, we live WITH HIS MOTHER! No, I don't want to have sex in her house... sneaking around like we did when we were 18. I know he's frustrated, I'm frustrated. It's just all too much.Any tips from a seasoned parent? How to manage the stress? Does it get easier?---- I am sorry for any parent who has it harder than me... I shouldn't complain for the help we get. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vp4Z5P

No comments:

Post a Comment