Sunday 27 August 2017

Normally outgoing 6 year old freaked out at small party


We had a small get together at our house for the fight last night, about fifteen people. The fight wasn't until nine so I agreed she could stay up to watch it. People were over around five. She loves parties and she's been thrilled for this one as mma is big in our house. She's always outgoing and needs attention like she needs air.She threw a fit for some reason. She hid in her room and cried about why there were so many people, asking when they would leave. There was fight excitement but no drinking (at all) or craziness. When I did make her come out briefly she was clamping her hands over her ears and was genuinely distressed, not just trying to be rude. I let her go back to her room and she got so upset she kicked a hole in her bathroom door.I would say she was overwhelmed but she was looking forward to this and she started flipping out way before the party started.This behavior actually started when we were planning her upcoming birthday. She wanted to go to the beach and stay the night in a hotel. We're doing the full vip treatment. She's bringing four friends, god help me. Now she's totally refusing to go. She's got a million vague excuses that make no sense.I would think it was just a shy phase but her behavior at school is just as boisterous as am ever and other than these incidents she's her same old self at home too. What gives? How can I talk to her to figure out what's going on? I feel like I'm doing something wrong here because she shuts down and says she can't explain or I couldn't get it. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ghPBkY

No comments:

Post a Comment