Sunday 27 August 2017

8 year old opposite-sex twins still want to bathe together, should I consider separating them?


Hi /r/parenting, i'm a single mom to 8 year old opposite-sex twins. They're best friends and do everything together, to them there really isn't a gender difference. I've been fine with them bathing together and have asked them many times if they'd like to bathe separately, but they say that they love bathing together and it would be boring to bathe alone.The problem is that they're getting to an age where their bodies will start changing and i'm a little concerned. I assumed that they would have started being more modest at least a year ago but it never happened, they still change around each other and don't care about nudity yet. I'm very open with them and have talked with them about puberty and sex, so they understand what changes they'll go through. I have also talked about their physical differences and the boundaries that they should keep, there have been zero issues so far.I've talked to friends about this and I've heard different opinions. Some say to let them be and they'll bathe alone when they want to, but others say it's wrong and that I need to force them to bathe alone before they get too old and it causes developmental problems.Personally, i'm okay with them bathing together for now since there haven't been any issues, and I think they'll outgrow it soon. I just want them to be happy and I know that if I separate them at bath time that it would ruin it for them and they would be upset with me for a long time. I'm not sure how I should go about this and would like to hear this communities thoughts. Thanks. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vj5UEP

No comments:

Post a Comment