Thursday 31 August 2017

My parents watching one grandchild (5m) but not his little brother (18months)


I'm so irritated. My parents have been having my oldest son spend the night with them one day a week since he was about 6 months old. Fairly recently we have mentioned to them that essentially they need to be watched together now since his little brother constantly says his name when he's gone and misses him. Im not forcing both of them to spend the night but maybe be watched for a little during the day, and even offered to stay there too so they didn't feel overwhelmed or something. I also need to add that they have only offered to watch my youngest maybe three times since he's been born and it wasn't for more than 2-3 hours. My mom and grandma have a history of playing favorites in my family and never see their other two grandchildren from my siblings or offer to watch them and I don't want my youngest to feel like that when he gets older. My mom texted me super pissed off saying she was shaking she was so upset and not to talk to her.I know I'm doing the right thing for my kids, they would still be able to see their grandparents, and maybe my almost two year old will finally know what to call his grandma, but am curious if others have gone through this? Any advice? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wl0zfn

No comments:

Post a Comment