Tuesday 29 August 2017

My children (6 and 4) don't eat meals


Both of my children are rebelling against mealtime. They refuse to eat prepared meals. I get that some of the foods we cook aren't their favorite foods, but even when we cook their favorite foods they just pick at it. Our mealtime policy has been "no special meals" for them, they eat what we eat or they don't eat anything. I'm worried that it's backfiring or something. We made pizza and they just picked off the pepperoni. Pizza! It's the staple of any kid's diet! And even chicken nuggets sit on the plate, usually with one bite taken out of them. I don't feel that I should be forcing them to eat, I don't want to create unhealthy eating habits by threatening them with punishment for not eating. And I don't want to give them PB&J every night, which is the only 100% guaranteed thing they'll eat every day. There are no negative consequences in our house for not eating and I don't know if maybe there should be? What would the consequences even be? What would you suggest to fix the problem? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wmH7wU

No comments:

Post a Comment