Monday 28 August 2017

How to co-parent when you are at opposite ends.


My ex husband doesn't like my oldest's (13F) choice in music. She loves Melanie Martinez and the like. Now I agree some of her music is inappropriate and I've banned some songs. But he's decided if it's not on mainstream she can't listen to it, made her delete all her music and Spotify. She's been into this for about a year or more and he's JUST NOW getting around to checking it out. To me, banning all music is lazy as opposed to having a discussion about WHY it's not appropriate and how she can make better choices herself.Gotta note, she's an awesome kid really smart, great morals, and honestly gets annoyed by the way some girls her age behave. She's not one to be unduly influenced by music or any other art. He is hardest on her because she is most like me, everyone sees this but him.I am at a loss for many reasons: he doesn't respect my parenting and I don't respect his, if I try to discuss this with him there is no compromise - his way or no way.Has anyone had to deal with this? How do you handle it? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wiTD0s

No comments:

Post a Comment