Wednesday 30 August 2017

A few years in to parenting now, missing the good ol' days.


This is a different type of post than the happy, bubbly posts I've seen on here. I'll admit I am feeling selfish as I really do not enjoy parenting as much as I thought I would. I am not mentally ill or depressed; I just want my simple life back-the way it was before I had kids. I know this isn't possible, but still hard to cope with. Used to have no worries about money, was set for life....not anymore. One very expensive medical bill with crappy insurance turned us from wealthy to thousands in debt in the blink of an eye. I also hate all the extra arrangements I have to make just to handle the simplest things, where as before, if I felt like going out for a burger; I grabbed my keys and walked out the door. No need to buy 5 separate meals either, with the "must have" extras-junky milk shakes and deserts that I normally would never buy for myself. My wife criticizes me for this, although I notice her own feelings aren't too far off (her missed days as a biker she mentions all too much) we resent each other for these same exact feelings. The kids will never realize the sacrifices we make for them either, and inherently just demand more which also kinda gets on my nerves.I do love my kids, and the handful of cute moments are really great, however to be blunt: they don't balance out all the crappiness that comes with it. I know I can't be alone here so I am asking any of you that had similar experiences, if it gets better, and what you may have done to pull out of it and enjoy life again.To be clear, I'm not asking how to ditch my kids and get my bachelor life back again, just how to be as happy or more now that I live my life as a parent. Thanks for reading, I look forward to your responses!! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2woMAUc

No comments:

Post a Comment