Tuesday 29 August 2017

Daughter keeps screaming Pee and Poo but refuses potty


I'm at a loss, feel like I'm going crazy and all alone on this subject. A little background, I've been potty training my daughter when she showed readiness at 3. She was doing well with going at home ( still hasn't mastered public potties). She has a fear of loud noises and new places. We've been potty training for months then we had a big move to another state with her grandparents. She was doing okay, then it started to become a fight. She would scream pee and poo before laying her down for bed, while we were getting in the carseat , basically anything that she could try to get out of. I, trying to be understanding, take her to the potty, but she had already gone in her pull up. It had gotten to the point that she was screaming it but would refuse to sit on the potty, she would bawl her eyes out and shake. I decided to let up and let her go on her own time. She stopped going altogether in the potty. It's been two weeks and she's been screaming poo and pee repeatingly to get out of doing things.It's gotten to the point where she screams as loud as she can go, shake and keep repeating the word for long periods of time. I keep calm, try to calm her, ask her if she wants to sit on the potty and she refuses. It gets to the point where I have to hide my face, leave or completely ignore it to get her to stop, or I will just lose all patience. My mil suggests time out if she does it, I'm not sure how that'd help.Edit: I forgot to mention, my daughter was a late talker and still only talks two word sentences. She has a hard time communicating and also says pee and poo out of fear. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vGE94s

No comments:

Post a Comment