Monday 28 August 2017

A talk about "Okay to Wake-Up" Lights...


Hi folks,So I have had an "okay to wake up" light for both my daughters. Love it.Well the one we get keeps breakign so I decided I was gonna nerd the shit outta our next one. Set up a home automation system, home assistant, on a RaspberryPi3, got myself a "smart strip light" from amazon and am setting up my own schedule.So my question is, what is a good color light for bedtime?Almost all the lights we've had have been soft blue at night and yellow during day. Makes sense. Moon is whitish-blue, sun is yellow. Night blue, day yellow.Well turns out I don't know shit about healthy sleeping because folks told me that blue lights terrible for sleeping. Now that may be true, I am not arguing that, but I am trying to wrap my head around it all.If blue is bad, why are all the nightlights I have blue? Who specifically is trying to fuck my kids sleep over by making blue nightlights designed for children? And my kids sleep great, more or less 7 to 7 and they have that blue light "screwing them up"..Next up, why is the moon whitish-blue and the sun yellow if its supposed to be yellow at night?Finally, if this is all true and I was just oblivious and the manufacturers are stupid... what is the best colors to choose?My current plan WAS as follows:Night Color @ 7:00pm - BlueMorning COlor @ 7:00am - YellowWeekend Mornings @ 7:00am - GreenI was going to tell my daughter on green mornings she can go downstairs and doesn't have to get ready for school right away because its weekend. Otherwise yellow was get ready.Thanks for the help fellow parents. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2xsRPSE

No comments:

Post a Comment