Monday 28 August 2017

Extreme introvert parenting extreme extrovert -- need feedback from introverts


I'm an introvert with social anxiety, who has been battling some fairly serious chronic depression. I want to spend more time with my youngest daughter, but am worried about the toll it will take on my mental health. I also wonder if her social needs are better met at preK.My extremely extroverted and active 4 yo talks non-stop from the moment she wakes up running at 5:30am until she goes to bed at between 8--9pm (and usually talks and talks and talks until she falls asleep).I currently employ someone 3x a week to give me time for home office work. My daughter also attends preK 2x a week. Basically from 9--1 five times a wk I have some space to concentrate. Financially we can swing this, but I'd like to scale back on our costs and spend more time with my 4 yo. I'm thinking of dropping the preK and 1 day of our babysitter.BUT I'm worried about my mental health. The constant talking makes me feel like I'm drowning. I love it, but it is a deluge and very demanding. She doesn't just talk and ignore me, she demands answers to constant questions. I can't dial it in. (I wish!)Have other introverts (maybe w/ social anxiety etc), navigated a similar parenting situation with an extrovert? What do your days look like?For the record, I have another school-age daughter who is introverted and on the autism spectrum. My husband is also introverted. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vlXzR2

No comments:

Post a Comment