Saturday 26 August 2017

Adult son won't face reality?


My 2 sons (23 & 25) live together in an apartment on the opposite side of the state, and the older one I'm simply lost on what the correct course of action is...He's simply apathetic towards life. He's had jobs in the past, 2 retail jobs and a job he loved doing (but with unsustainable pay and the contract ended), but now it's obvious he's content with putting in mediocre hours at Uber that doesn't even add up to a $100/week. My other son says he plays games must of the day, except the couple hours of work, talking and having fun with friends online. He spends a few days a week going to game nights and activities with friends which I find helpful and nice that he's not alone during this situation, but he's content with the entire situation despite the hole he's digging himself.According to his bank account he has yet to pay a rent (it's been 3 months since they moved in together) and his credit card debt has reached a few thousand at this point (slowly accumulating over the past 2 years). He could simply put in more hours in Uber, but none of my words seen to reach to him.He has his own insurance, utilities, phone bills, etc, but it appears he's being enabled by my other son providing a roof over his head and he makes enough money for peanut butter sandwiches.Is the only/best course of action to have my other son have him evicted? Will this only dig his debt even deeper? What if he's depressed, yelling or doing something extreme could have extremely negative consequences then, right? As I said, I'm simply lost on how to proceed with this tricky situation and am hoping I've been over-thinking things!Thanks!! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2vz7Ap7

No comments:

Post a Comment