Tuesday 29 August 2017

How to deal with childhood fears?


My daughter is about to turn two and is starting to show fear over certain things. After she started showing fears that I usually show I've tried to work really hard on being brave and not showing fear. For example I hate spiders and she wouldn't go in her play house because she saw a spider web. After feeling horrible for teaching her this fear, I grabbed a stick and showed her how to get rid of the web's and told her she didn't need to be scared. If she sees a spider web now, she says she needs a spider stick and after getting one, she clears them out. I then read that you should never tell a child that they don't need to be afraid, because it doesn't validate their fears. Should I have dealt with her fears differently? What else should I have told her? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2xuyEbs

No comments:

Post a Comment