Sunday 27 August 2017

My(m29) daughter(9) is lies to her mom about how much I fed her when she visits and recently said she was afraid to ask me to brush her teeth in the morning. Im not sure how to approach this without creating a divide.


I understand her actions, my parents split early on and 24 years later my mom is still bitter about it, so I played the bias to my favor. Her mother and I have an open line of communication, but we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things so it becomes hit or miss at times.She is a picky eater and I have a deal with her that she tries whatever I ask her to once and I don't push it, but I don't keep chicken nuggets and fries on hand all the time, so in her eyes I am in fact trying to starve her. Come to find out she regularly says we dont feed her enough, I dont allow her to eat adult size portions, her mom does.She very recently got a cap on a front tooth, the doctor said to up the brushing to twice a day. We have always done once before bed, but her mother informed me shortly after I dropped her off that she said she was to scared to ask to brush in the morning. I'm confused as hell by this, I asked her if it sounded a bit ridiculous and she agreed that it was. I have no doubt her mom has given any kind of punishment for lying and I refuse to let this go unaddressed.I could ramble on, but you get the point. How do I spell it out that she can't pull this shit without hurting our relationship? I only have her 2 days a week at most and she is an emotional little girl, she takes everything as an assualt on her.Typed this on mobile, please forgive the typos via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2xnUyNq

No comments:

Post a Comment