Monday 28 August 2017

Caught my 16 y/o with his vape...


So, we heard through the grapevine my 16 y/o might be vaping. We don't approve but because we didn't want to divulge our source, let it go. Today, he walked through the door carrying it in his hand not expecting me to be awake as I work nights and sleep days. I asked him what was in his hand and he went toward the trash and threw a few things in and claimed it was just junk from his pockets.Of course I dug it out and asked him about it. He claims it was something he bought as a gift for a friend but it was still warm from use.I asked if he thought his friend's parents would approve. He said they wouldn't.I told him I wanted to hang onto it for a bit and discuss it with his mom.Between health concerns related to vaping, he's under age, plays sports and is a member of the National Honor society(both team and NHS would punish him if discovered)I want him to understand the implications in doing this.I recognize kids are going to screw up. I did. I'm hoping to mitigate it a bit. I also don't want to play it as though I don't care because then he'll think he can try other things as well.What do I do?? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wd7NC9

No comments:

Post a Comment