Sunday 27 August 2017

Nanny quit without notice. Venting


Cross posting... Our nanny of three years quit this morning via email. No notice, no goodbye. Reason being that she's accepted an offer from another family, and has an immediate start date. We never even knew she was looking. I'm so hurt and confused.Screw us over, fine. But how can you stand to leave our daughter without a goodbye? The little girl who's given you her heart since she was six months old. Who asks for you every morning, and every night without fail. You've shared so many special moments with her. Milestones, birthdays, dance recitals. I just don't understand.My husband and I have shared this partnership with you for three years. We have been generous, we have been kind, we have treated you as a member of our family since day one. The fact that you don't have the decency to provide notice or let us know in-person says a lot about who you truly are.I don't even know what to do right now. Should I reply to her email? Leave a review on her website and Care profile? Or just let it go?How do I explain to our daughter that she'll never see this special person ever again? How do I help her deal with the transition?How do I even find a nanny? Our nanny was referred to us by a friend, so we don't know much about the hiring process. What benefits should we expect to offer this new person?My mind is just all over the place and I'd really appreciate kindness instead of judgment. Thoughts, opinions, advice would be appreciated... via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gfV3Fe

No comments:

Post a Comment