Thursday 31 August 2017

Sharing a love for musicals


When I was a kid, my mum would occasionally let me stay up late if a good movie was on. And often, that movie was a musical. That's how I met Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Gene Kelly, and Cyd Charisse.And that's when I started loving musicals.Our local outdoor theatre would have shows every summer, and we'd always go for my birthday. I saw "Oliver!", "West Side Story", "Oklahoma!", "The King and I" ... the list goes on.My daughter chose to be a theatre major. She loves everything to do with theatre. She says ruefully that it's ironic that someone who loves musicals as much as she does can't sing or dance.Tonight, we saw a fabulous performance of "The Phantom of the Opera". She was enthralled and thanked me again and again for getting tickets. It was one of the best nights of my life. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wnuPWS

No comments:

Post a Comment