Monday 29 May 2017

When you teach your kids way too well


I've grown up with parents that basically did every single thing for me ranging from making my own bed to putting away my clothes, cooking, etc. It was very nice while it lasted but it was also a HUGE change for me when I moved out and learned that my husband couldn't do my laundry and the dishes for me and that they weren't magically going to get clean by themselves.Anyways, I'm happy to report that a decade later I'm fine and adapted well to the new environment however I did promise myself that I'd teach my kids to do basic things themselves. I did that, and now (4 & 5) they can easily clean up after themselves, put their toys and clothes away, put their dishes in the sink or dishwasher, make their beds and put their clothes in the laundry, which trust me, was quite the challenge for me at 18, yup. ANYWAYS, you get my point.So my kids woke up today, I fixed some breakfast, they ate, put their plates away and came upstairs to get dressed. My daughter comes into my room and noticed the clothes on the bed side tables and the purses on the floor, she immediately gave me the death stare and told me "Mom, your room is so messy, how do you expect us to clean our rooms if your room looks like a mess!"And let me tell you, when your 4 year old tells you to clean your room, you clean it. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2sdZnFA

No comments:

Post a Comment