Sunday 28 May 2017

Emotionally Hypersensitive following children


Hi all throwaway account, I'm a 30 year old father to two wonderful children, a girl aged 3 and a boy who is 7 weeks old.Since our daughter was born 3 years ago I've found that I'm becoming more and more emotionally vulnerable. Ive heard people say that having kids changes you and that you now have something to lose which makes you more receptive to things.But its getting a bit embarrassing now, I talk about my kids at work and I start welling up, I watch a video about a parent coming back from a military tour and Im in pieces. I cant go to the cinema without fear of some emotionally charged moment making me blub in the seat next to my friends. (Theres only so many times you can have things in your eyes). I cant read my daughter a bedtime story without getting emotional.I know its 2017 and as a male its acceptable to cry, my partner likes that Im more emotionally connected to strangers now but I think shes started to notice that its happening all the time. I try to make a joke of it and laugh but its just overwhelming me. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Does anyone have any tips? Will it calm down?Or will I die of dehydration on my daughters wedding day?EDIT: I wasnt like this before having children, very much a brave face, stiff upper lip type chap. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2rawpXO

No comments:

Post a Comment