Saturday 27 May 2017

Managing kids with completely different personalities.


I have 3.5 year old twins, one boy and one girl. My husband is a SAHD and he's going crazy trying to figure out how to deal with their vastly different personalities.My son is one of those kids that lives for the outdoors. He even wants to eat breakfast outside most days. Now that the weather is nicer, he's begging to go out non-stop. He hates being indoors. He is currently playing on a t-ball team.That's great, but my daughter is the complete opposite. She's a little homeboy and hates the outdoors. She likes coloring, reading her books, and playing with toys inside. My husband does encourage her to come outside because it's obviously important, but she'll entertain the idea for a little while before wanting to get back in the house. Even bringing her toys and books outside isn't sufficient enough. She's still begging to go back inside.How can we make this work? We have a pool and although it is fenced, my husband isn't comfortable allowing our son to play back there alone. The front yard is set on a hill, so that's off limits for the most part as well. It's hard to play on.My son also wants to go to the park or the beach most days. My daughter doesn't like either and absolutely hates sand, which cancels out the beach and most parks near us. My daughter also doesn't like going to her brother's t-ball games. I normally let her stay home with grandma, but I am worried that is setting a bad example. Should I be making her come? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2r94gCz

No comments:

Post a Comment