Wednesday 31 May 2017

Friend/sister in law deciding she will not vaccinate


First time posting.So I am looking for advice on whether or not I should keep my trap shut basically. My sister in law, my husbands brothers wife, has been a major person in my life as a first time mom. She is a mother of 3 kids, a 4 yr old, 3 yr old and 2 yr old. She gave me all the books, reassured me, helped so much. We became really good mom friends, practically sisters.Well yesterday she told me she was so excited she got injunctions to not vaccinate her kids anymore. She said she was so jealous her friend got one as well for a baby that "has never been poked". I was thrown off guard and not looking to start a debate, with her kids right there so I immediately up and left.I was so horrified on the way home, I had no idea how she felt. But the one thing I am strong on is VACCINATE YOUR CHILDREN. To me it is the most selfish and ignorant thing you can do as a parent. Now, my question is do I even say something? I feel we were so close I could speak my mind but it won't change hers, so is there a point? I kind of lost alot of respect for her. But I love those kids dearly.I am seeing her tomorrow for her 4 yr olds preschool graduation, and I offered to watch her kids a few days ago this weekend. But I don't think I can/should/want to bring it up around her kids. I'm just so blown away. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2qBfLQ5

No comments:

Post a Comment