Sunday 28 May 2017

Minor Rant: Birthday Parties.


My daughter had her birthday party last month. Invited 6 kinds, with time, date and asked the parents to confirm yes or no . 3 parents confirmed yes. 0 parents confirmed no. All 6 show up.My wife was shocked when kids who didnt confirm start showing up but I had planned for 6, if there are left overs there are left overs. No biggie. Every year someting along this lines happens, although usually not this extreme.Fast forward to this weekend. Same deal for my other daughter. Same idea. Please RSVP. 2 Confirmed Yes, 1 confirmed no. 1 not confirmed by my daughter says her mom doesnt know yet. .. again I assume 6 and can deal with the left overs. No biggie.. except.No one showed up. No one.. my daughter was in good spirits for the first 30 min to an hour.. then kinda deflated after an hour.. 2 hours after start time she went to her room. She didnt cry but she didnt want to come out either.End Rant. Not the first time my kid gets hurt. Not the last. But seriously discouraged by a remarkable number of parents.TLDR: Parents dont confirm yes/no for birthday party invites. One daughter gets friends who didnt rsvp, the other has no one show up even if some of them RSVPd their presence and is a little heartbroken via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2rcLwC9

No comments:

Post a Comment