Sunday 28 May 2017

Having trouble answering my 4 year old son's questions about sex. Could use some tips.


My 4 year old has recently begun asking about how babies are made. I explained that men have a seed and women have an egg. The seed and egg combine to make a baby. He was fine with that explanation, but he is more interested in the why and how.We can't really use the traditional, "When two people want to have a baby" or "When two people really love each other" lines. He's adopted and is aware that he is adopted. Due to the circumstances surrounding his birth, I feel like using the "When two people really love each other line" is disingenuous and he'll eventually figure it out. "When two people want a baby" will probably be followed up by, "Then why was I adopted?" He's also probably too young to understand that these thing can happen by an accident.Any ideas? My parents didn't speak to me about sex at all, so it's entirely possible that I am overthinking this. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2rclSxr

No comments:

Post a Comment