Monday 29 May 2017

I don't know how to play with my child (3yo).


Okay, so I stay at home with my son except a few hours on the weekend (in which my husband is the one at home) and I'm feeling a bit crap about me as a mom.I just don't know how to play with my son anymore. It was easy when he was a little baby because...well...babies are easy. Now he's turning 3 and he's constantly, "Mama. Mama. MAMA....etc" Mama play. Mama come here. Mama mama mama. Totally normal, I know this. But I'm utterly exhausted just thinking of sitting on the floor playing or running around outside (we live in NC and it's humid and 95 most days.)Now, we do stuff everyday (I probably need to give myself more of a break, but that's really just a character flaw.) We go on bike rides, walks, to the neighborhood pool, the local trails, the beach, the golf course we live on, library, storytime, trampoline park, etc etc. He gets out and DOES stuff multiple times a week.He's an only child though and we have pretty much zero children on our street/neighborhood (though we may have our friends over a few times a month) so he's not really playing with anyone except my husband and I.BUT HERE'S THE THING. I get so ridiculously bored. There, I said it. I want to clean the house and the garage and maybe just sit and knit a row. I am a go go go type person and just chilling in my house on the playroom floor makes me so tired and bored.We're getting better with screen time in our house but I don't know how to become a more engaged parent. I desperately want to become the doting, patient parent I invisioned myself being. Sadly, I'm usually busy, tired and impatient (with a few good weeks of "Let's do this thing I found on Pinterest!" spattered over time.)I love my child. I can't afford daycare/preschool. I need to be present but I'm just having trouble training my brain to be on a preschoolers level.Please, if you have advice on how to be content playing all day, I'd love to hear it. Or if you're also not good at playing toddler games for hours on end, some commiseration is always nice too... via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2s7G6X6

No comments:

Post a Comment