Tuesday 30 May 2017

I had a bad mommy moment.


So I have deformities of my hips spine and feet that basically means OW. Recently, just for shits and giggles, I've developed tendinitis and muscle spasms in my left shoulder, because why the fuck not, right?Also, I'm two months into a vertigo episode. Thank god not a severe one, but it's not fun. I AM FALLING APART YO!!On the upside, my older two are 20 (living independently, in the apartment below mine) and 18. And I have a pretty kick ass boyfriend. So I have a lot of support these days.Except today A (boyfriend) was supposed to go frogging with youngest (10yo boy) and got up too late (works night shift). I had gone out to fill out a prescription and pick up fishing stuff and food... which means a lot of pain for me, and on my way my mobility scooter developed a short and the headlight that wouldn't turn on for 6 months came on and wouldn't TURN OFF. Those things suck your battery like a fundamentalist christian sorority girl. I had to beg a screwdriver off a garage and remove the casing off the steering column on the fly... more OW...So now Youngest can't go frogging. He sure does love him some frogging. So I did a stupid thing. I walked him the 1/4km across the street to the river to frog.This was a serious error in judgement. Thank god eldest came with. Because I just turned around and came home. I cried a fair amount. I wasn't able to take my mobility scooter because it's old and it was raining and needed charging... so I WALKED.Less than an hour later Eldest and Youngest are home from their (failed) frog hunt and I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth and youngest comes in *whining at me about the fucking frogs and he wants to go to so-and-so's house to pick up his bike (can't, it's too late) and he wants to stay home from school to go on our shopping trip so he can get so-and-such their birthday present for this weekend and I'm in a lot of pain, overwhelmed, put myself out stupidly to get him goddamn frogs that keep escaping in the night and forcing me to spend 20minutes chasing flappy little slime-lords around my bedroom at 2am and now he's fucking asking me for MORE FUCKING THINGS!!?And I lost it. I yelled that I had hurt myself trying to accommodate him today and I was fucking done. I really don't need to be fucking railroaded with 101 goddamn requests for things he wants but doesn't fucking need when I'm doing my goddamn best to blah blah blah........."What does 'accommodate' mean?"... It means Ima gonna clip you to the clothesline by your toenails, you little shit.Then I go lay down and cry a little because I yelled at him and it's not HIS fault he got saddled with a gimp mom. An hour or two pass, he wanders into my room and we cuddle up to watch some failarmy. I say, "I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier, that wasn't fair of me. You have every right to inform me of your wishes. Doesn't always mean I'll be able to ACCOMMODATE them, but you should be able to talk to me without me yelling at you."..."You yelled at me? What? When!?"OMGlob Ima gonna kill you, kid.Turns out my tantrums are nowhere near as fierce nor fearsome as I think. We have agreed on a schedule of practice hollering.TL;DR - Bad Mommy Moments are often in your head. 20years from now he'll probably tell me I was a real bitch for making him catch his own escaped slime-lords. And never remember the shit I'm beating myself up over. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2scqWQq

No comments:

Post a Comment