Friday 26 May 2017

Advice Needed - My 7 year old may have depression.


I apologise if this comes out as complete babble I'm still quite shocked.I took my son to his doctor after observing some odd behaviour, mood swing and just a general change in his personality. He went from a very happy child to just more and more worrisome and sad over the course of a couple weeks. His GP advised that he may be depressed and put him on a waiting list to see an NHS counsellor, but it's a year wait so I've started looking for an appropriate therapist/counsellor for him because I don't want to wait it out.I'm lost and I need advice, I have no idea how to handle this, I don't want to smother him and make him uncomfortable but at the same time I want to wrap him in cotton wool. I'm racked with guilt, he's hasn't been abused, me and his father have a stable relationship and he sees him on a regular routine and he loves his step-dad.I don't know what could have caused it and advice is greatly appreciated. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2qXfqtJ

No comments:

Post a Comment